Branding is about managing the journey of your location from its current image to its desired identity. It is a proactive, strategic process requiring leadership to ensure a broad understanding of your location’s Promise and the enrollment of your community in delivering that promise day in and day out. Branding involves constant monitoring of the Promise relevance, competitiveness, authenticity and consistent application in both communication and decision-making. Branding involves influencing the product development process. In place branding it means influencing asset creation, public policy reform and infrastructure investment decisions.
Branding is about bridging the gap between what your location is and what it can be.
- 5-E Leadership Model as a diagnostic or planning tool
- The Master Narrative – a tool for articulating your community promise
- From Selling The City To City Branding – Presentation by Eduardo Oliveira PhD
- Brand Israel Video
- Baldknobbers & Branding – Presentation by Ed Burghard at the Small Town and Rural Development Conference, April 21 – 23, 2009
- Sound Branding – Presentation from Birgitte Road, Founder and Creative Director of Audio Management, sharing her perspective on sound branding.
- Three Moments of Truth in Capital Investment
- How to Build Your Personal Brand on Facebook
- How to Discover and Create Your Personal Brand
- 10 Free Tools to Monitor Your Personal Brand
- Great personal branding resources
- Case Study – Regina, Canada
- Case Study Mississauga, Canada