The Best of 2010
Top 10 Blog Posts in 2010
The purpose of the blog posts is to provide insight to the public sector on the effective reapplication of private sector branding. Topics range from marketing, to leadership to strategic planning. The blog section has been the most popular service of the Strengthening Brand America Project.
- BP Damages More Than Its Own Brand – A look at the impact of the Gulf oil spill on local community image.
- Can (Should) Arizona Rebrand Itself? – Discussion on the strategic use of rebranding.
- The How of Wow – Tips on creating a memorable impression from the book entitled “The How of Wow”.
- Making Sense out of Social Media – Lessons from the book “tipping Point”.
- Barriers to U.S. FDI Inflow Share Growth – Discussion of a survey to identify the challenges Brand America faces in capital attraction.
- Attitude Matters in Place Branding – Ten tips on creating a glass half full attitude on teams.
- Who Moved My Cheese? – Seven tips for dealing with change.
- Happy One Year Anniversary – Review of the success achieved in Year #1 of the Strengthening Brand America Project.
- WikiLeaks – Brand Killer or Brand Builder? – Discussion on whether the WikiLeaks scandal will make Brand America’s image stronger or weaker.
- Making Sense of Social Media – Take Two – Lessons from the book “PyroMarketing”.
Top 10 Expert Interviews in 2010
The purpose of the Expert Interviews is to take a look at the challenges and opportunities facing Brand America through the eyes of experts from a wide range of industries. Comparing and contrasting their thoughts provides the reader with a more comprehensive picture of what Brand America is.
- Joe Hardy – Founder and CEO of 84 Lumber.
- Neil Mortine – President and CEO of Fahlgren Inc.
- Ron Starner – General Manager of Conway Data Inc.
- John Pepper – Former Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Procter & Gamble.
- Joy Wilkins – Manager of the Community Innovation Services Group at Georgia Tech.
- Brian Boyle – Publisher at Issue Media Group.
- Eric Swartz – President and Founder of Great Destinotions (aka the Tagline Guru).
- Jeff Finkle – President and CEO of the International Economic Development Council.
- Jon Milenthal – Vice President and Partner of The Milenthal Group.
- Don Holbrook – Partner with the Vercitas Group and author of “Who Moved My Smokestack?”
2010 Website Statistics
The Strengthening Brand America Project made important progress on building awareness in 2010. But, the journey has just begun and each of you can play an important role by sharing the website URL with friends and colleagues you believe may benefit from the information provided by the Strengthening Brand America Project.
- 14,251 Visits
- 28,982 page Views
- 01:38 Avg. Time on Site
- 66% New Visits
- 124 Countries
- Facebook Page – 292 Fans
- LinkedIn Group – 293 Members
2011 RESOLUTIONS & HOPES
- Dramatically increase awareness and usage of the Strengthening Brand America website as a resource for branding knowledge. You can help me achieve this goal by sharing the website URL with your friends and colleagues. This is a grassroots program and you are key to successfully spreading the word.
- Build the library of expert interviews to provide an even broader perspective of what Brand America stands for. If you have suggestions and contact information for people you believe would have a great perspective and be willing to share it, please share their email address with me.
- Further improve the quality of information provided on the website. I am hoping to add video and PowerPoint presentations to the content.
- Make real progress on authoring a book about branding places. I have taken the first step and started writing. You can help by sharing positive examples of communities doing a great job of building a positive image through branding. Real world case studies will make the book even more useful.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOPES FOR YOUR COMMUNITY’S ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS IN 2011?
Please leave a comment with your thoughts. As a community, we will undoubtedly be able to help each other achieve our goals.
If you enjoyed the post, forward it to a friend. Also, consider becoming a Facebook fan, member of our LinkedIn Group, or following Strengthening Brand America on Twitter.
2 Comments | Forward this to a friend | Number of emails sent: 545
Category Place Brand Building
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.