“When your views on the world and your intellect are being challenged and you begin to feel uncomfortable because of a contradiction you’ve detected that is threatening your current model of the world…pay attention. You are about to learn something.”
William H. Drury, Jr. (1921-1992);
It is still not too late to decide to attend the 2013 IEDC Conference in Philadelphia.
KEY REASONS TO ATTEND
- Learn new concepts and success models – Listen to the experts and your colleagues.
- Develop a continuous improvement mentality – Benchmark how well your EDO is doing against your peers.
- Educational and networking opportunities – Learn and grow from your network of colleagues.
- Face-to-Face time – Talk one-on-one with people who have expertise in areas where your community can use help.
IF YOU DO ATTEND
- Take time on Monday to meet Dr. Greg Smith. He is speaking at the Defining Issues Lunch and will be sharing insights into the Xavier University research on the American Dream.
- Catch up with me and share your thoughts. I would love to hear your feedback on the www.strengtheningbrandamerica.com website and the use of the American Dream Composite Index (ADCI) as a performance measure for our profession. I’d also be happy tp answer any questions you might have.
- Buy Sara Dunnigan a cup of coffee. Reward her for raising the question about North Carolina’s decision to privatize economic development.
IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND
- Read my notes on what I learn. This year, I will again be reporting my learning on the www.strengtheningbrandamerica.com website. I obviously won’t be physically able to attend all the sessions, but I will gladly share my notes from those I do attend. It isn’t nearly the same as being there yourself, but the blog posts will provide you with some insights to consider.