We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
Quote Attributed To: Edith Lovejoy Pierce.
Look backs are a tradition of the New Year, and can be a lot of fun. Below are the 10 most frequently read blog posts in 2014 from the Strengthening Brand America Project.
The top post provides guidance on career management and was one I wrote to share insights into why you might not be getting promoted as quickly as you feel you should be. I am pleased it is a favorite among readers of my blog. If you opt to read only one from the list, make it the post about the P.I.E Model. It may just change how you think about career advancement, and influence the new year’s resolutions you might make.
Of course, I’d encourage you to read them all if you have the time. I have tried to pass on the wisdom I gained as a P&G Harley Procter Marketing Director. If you have any responsibility for your Organization’s advertising, the practical tips gleaned over 33-years at P&G may be helpful.
In any event, if you do read a post or two, please consider providing feedback. Your thoughts and impressions add to the discussion and help every reader learn. And, if you disagree with anything I wrote, it is ok to say that in your opinion, “I am full of crap”. just say it politely if you would 🙂
Top 10 Read Blog Posts of 2014
- The P.I.E. Model – A discussion of the unwritten rules for personal career success.
- Key Criteria For A Great Advertisement – A description you can use to determine if your advertisement is great or a waste of money.
- Key Questions For Project Scope Definition – Power Questions You Should Ask Before Accepting Responsibility For Any Project.
- Ethics In Advertising And Promotion – A Review Of Principles You Can Consider To Underpin Your Organization’s Guidance On Ethical Practices In Advertising And Promotion.
- Questions To Ask About Your Advertisement – A List Of Questions You Can Use To Prepare Comments Before Agency Review Meetings.
- Is Advertising A Waste Of Money? – Tips For Creating Better Advertisements.
- Florida Versus North Carolina Case Study – A Comparison Of Comparatively How Easy It Is To Achieve The American Dream In Each State.
- Principle Based Decision Making – Seven Step Process For Making Effective Decisions.
- Three Moments Of Truth – A Review Of The Site Selection Decision Process.
- Keeping Your Promise Is Important – Tyler Brule Shares His Experience Of Entering The USA Through Washington DC’s Dulles Airport. Seeing The Experience Through Fresh Eyes.