This monthly update from Aaron S. Brickman is meant to provide a few quick points highlighting some activities of Invest in America.
Invest in America has prepared a draft overview of federal incentives and programs available to foreign investors that will fast become a valuable tool. A version of the guide should be available on the Invest In America website in early May.
- On April 15-17, Invest in America participated in the State International Development Organizations (SIDO) Washington Forum 2009 in Washington, DC.
- Invest in America will conduct outreach in Miami, Florida, (April 23), Boston, Massachusetts (April 30), Albuquerque & Santa Fe, New Mexico (May 4).
- On May 5, Invest in America will participate at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, TX.
Bureau of Economic Analysis: Summary Estimates for Multinational Companies: Employment, Sales, and Capital Expenditures for 2007
U.S. International Transactions: Fourth Quarter and Year 2008
FRB of St Louis – FDI, Productivity and Country Growth: An Overview A review of the empirical literature that studies the relationship between foreign direct investment, productivity, and growth using aggregate data (March/April 2009)
The McKinsey Quarterly: What’s different about M&A in this downturn (January 2009)
Article on FDI despite the current economic climate, “One Town’s Rare Ray of Hope: New Auto Plant” (April 21, 2009)
- Inquiries to date in 2009: 84
- Ombudsman cases in 2009: 6
Invest in America’s ombudsman program has achieved several successes in working across the federal government to address investor concerns and issues involving federal agencies. If a foreign investor has a federal-level issue that is jeopardizing an investment in the United States, please contact Invest in America at 202-482-5199 or email Invest in America email@example.com.