This monthly update from Aaron S. Brickman is meant to provide a few quick points highlighting some activities of Invest in America.
- On February 19, Invest in America will participate in the 2009 Tennessee Valley Authority Economic Developer Forum.
- On February 26, Invest in America will participate in the Association of University Research Parks 2009 Washington Summit in Washington, DC.
- On March 5, Invest in America will conduct outreach in Toronto, Canada.
- On March 16-20, Invest in America will conduct outreach in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Santiago, Chile.
- On March 17, Invest in America will participate in the Federal Economic Development Forum of the International Economic Development Council.
- On April 15-17, Invest in America will participate in the State International Development Organizations Washington Forum 2009 in Washington, DC.
Treasury, Guidance Concerning the National Security Review Conducted by CFIUS (Dec 2008)
Vale Institute, The Revised National Security Review Process for FDI in the U.S. (Jan 2009)
Supply Chain Management Review, Does Offshoring Still Make Sense? (Jan 2009)
HR.1, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Feb 2009)
- Inquiries to date in 2009: 35
- Ongoing ombudsman cases in 2009: 2
Greenfield projects facilitated since March 2007: 6 investments, generating 1,755 new jobs.
Invest in America’s ombudsman program has achieved several successes in working across the federal government to address investor concerns and issues involving federal agencies. If a foreign investor has a federal-level issue that is jeopardizing an investment in the United States, please contact Invest in America at 202-482-5199 or email Invest in America email@example.com.