This monthly update from Aaron S. Brickman is meant to provide a few quick points highlighting some activities of Invest in America.
On January 5, Invest in America transitioned into the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service within the International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce. All contact information for the office remains the same.
- On January 26-30, Director Aaron Brickman will travel to Brussels, Paris, and Dublin to meet with government officials, business representatives, and investors to promote foreign direct investment in the United States and identify areas for potential collaboration.
- On February 12, Director Aaron Brickman will travel to Boston, Massachusetts for meetings with state and local officials engaged in attracting foreign direct investment.
- On February 19, Director Aaron Brickman will travel to Nashville, Tennessee to speak at the 2009 Tennessee Valley Authority Economic Developer Forum.
- On March 16-17, Invest in America staff member Jen Derstine will participate in the Federal Economic Development Forumof the International Economic Development Council.
Vale Institute, The FDI Recession has Begun (Nov 2008)
- Number of inquiries in 2008: 156
- Inquiries to date in 2009: 10
Invest in America’s ombudsman program has achieved several successes in working across the federal government to address investor concerns and issues involving federal agencies. If a foreign investor has a federal-level issue that is jeopardizing an investment in the United States, please contact Invest in America at 202-482-5199 or email Invest in America firstname.lastname@example.org.