This monthly update from Aaron S. Brickman is meant to provide a few quick points highlighting some activities of Invest in America.
Invest in America is preparing an overview of federal incentives and programs available to foreign investors. The target completion date is mid-April and plans for outreach events are in progress. If you are interested in hosting a presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On March 16-20, Invest in America will conduct outreach in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Santiago, Chile.
- On March 17, Invest in America will participate in the Federal Economic Development Forum of the International Economic Development Council.
- On April 15-17, Invest in America will participate in the State International Development Organizations Washington Forum 2009 in Washington, DC.
- On May 1, Invest in America will participate at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas.
Professor Lahkwinder Singh, Emerging Pattern of India’s Outward Foreign Direct Investment Under the Influence of State Policy: A Macro View (February 2009)
UNCTAD, Global FDI in Decline Due to the Financial Crisis, and a Further Drop Expected, UNCTAD Investment Brief Number 1, 2009 (January 2009)
Institute of International Finance, Capital Flows to Emerging Market Economies (January 2009)
IBM/PLI, Global Location Trends Annual Report (October 2008)
- Inquiries to date in 2009: 58
- Ombudsman cases in 2009: 5
Invest in America’s ombudsman program has achieved several successes in working across the federal government to address investor concerns and issues involving federal agencies. If a foreign investor has a federal-level issue that is jeopardizing an investment in the United States, please contact Invest in America at 202-482-5199 or email Invest in America email@example.com.