This monthly update from Aaron S. Brickman is meant to provide a few quick points highlighting some activities of Invest in America.
Invest in America will participate in:
- InterSolar in Munich, Germany on May 27, 2009
- Harbin International Economic and Trade Fair Harbin, China on June 15, 2009
- APPA Economic Development & Broadband Conference San Francisco, California on June 27, 2009
- Michigan Economic Developers Association Annual Meeting in Kalamazoo, Michigan on August 20, 2009
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on Sovereign Wealth Funds: Laws Limiting Foreign Investment Affect. Certain U.S. Assets and Agencies Have Various Enforcement Processes (May 20, 2009).
McKinsey Global Institute, Mapping global capital markets: Fifth annual report (October 2008) The world’s financial assets rose to $196 trillion in 2007, slightly below the pace of 2006 but still faster than the historical trend-likely marking the recent peak for equity and private debt markets.
Karl P. Sauvant and Clarence Kwan (2008), “Chinese Direct Investment in the United States – The Challenges Ahead,” Location USA, pp. 39-46.This article is based on a longer working paper of the same name, published by the U.S. Chinese Services Group of Deloitte LLP and the Vale Columbia Center.
- Inquiries to date in 2009: 105
- Ombudsman cases in 2009: 8